CajonMaster Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Members Home Forums New Members Introductions READ FIRST! New Users Introduce Yourself Reply To: READ FIRST! New Users Introduce Yourself

• aaronshirk

June 15, 2023 at 12:56 am

Hi my name is Aaron, I live in Greenville, South Carolina.

As far as instruments go, I’ve kind of dabbled a lot, mostly with drums. I started with an acoustic 5 piece kit years ago, and then some years later an electric kit. And just recently (like 2 yrs ago) I picked up a Djembe to learn some hand drumming and also as a way to explore how rhythm and sound can be used for healing. Pretty much most of the time I always have a beat going on in my head and I’m always wanting to drum something.

Anyway, about a year ago I started hearing about Cajons and I was like “what the heck is this”. I loved the idea, simple box that you can carry around anywhere and can simulate a kit without all the logistics. And now, I’ve decided to pick it up. I found Felipe’s course online and knew right away it was the right course for me, high quality videos, lessons, sound.

I recently purchased the Meinl Snarecraft Cajon Heart Ash. I’ve just started playing it and working in the Foundations course here in Cajon Master and having fun. I’m super excited to join this community, to learn the cajon, and I’m hoping to get some of the beats out of my head and into real life.