CajonMaster Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Members Home Forums Equipment Advice needed

• Advice needed

Posted by Anthony on January 9, 2023 at 2:40 pm

Nativo Oak Cajon Drum 8 String Snare PRO PLUS Series PROPL-PETRA-II

Hi everyone

Can anyone shed some light or advice on the above model of cajon? I am still a beginner but I feel like I’m getting a little better and I am looking for a different cajon for a different sound to the one I have which is just a basic 4 string gear4 music one. If anyone has any advice for a next level cajon then I’d like to hear please. Thanks for reading. Happy cajoning 🙌

Anthony replied 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Denise

January 22, 2023 at 10:36 am

Hi Anthony.

I started with a gear 4 music cajon. They are brilliant for the price and you get a case too.

After about a year I went for the top of the range Cruz cajon from Cajonbox by Heidi Joubert. I love it. It is beautiful and the sound is amazing. It is very responsive with a large range of tones from the different areas of the cajon face and sides. It is also tuneable.

I also have a Meinl digital cajon for silent practice, which I would say is ok, but I prefer acoustic. It is good for learning grooves and recording but it is very different in technique and range of sounds.

Hope this helps.

Denise

• Anthony

January 23, 2023 at 10:46 am

Thanks Denise. The digital one may be a good option also as I live in high Rise flats and the noise does the neighbours heads in sometimes. I have heard the sound off of them as well and it dosent really sound great if I’m honest but if they’re good for that then I will give that a go. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Happy cajoning