CajonMaster Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Members Home Forums Member Videos/Recordings Cajon video practice

• Cajon video practice

• Vinicio

December 30, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Hello Felipe and CajonMaster community

I am a Cajon Padawan (Apprentice) and I have recorded my first practice video. I know there is a lot of room for my improvement and any positive/constructive feedback is welcome. I want to improve the dynamics in the fill part and how to coordinate much better the use of the cymbal (I have the candela 10″ splash cymbal)

the song is Cuando Pase el Temblor unplugged version from one of the most iconic bands from Latin America, Soda Stereo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WKWL9yPUnG5myUDk9

Cheers!!!!

• Felipe

Administrator
    January 3, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Hi Vinnie, happy new year!

Thanks for posting your video here.

I really like the groove with the double stroke bass with you right hand, I think it suits the song. For the splash I would recommend to try it in your left side with your left hand and when you hit it play the bass tone with your right hand in the same time. Try this out and let me know.

Nice one, keep it up!

Cheers!

• Vinicio

January 11, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Hi Felipe

Thank you so much for your feedback, I will follow your advise. This week I have more time, so i will practice and continue your courses. I always watch your videos. I am from Guatemala, but I live in Barbados, in the English Caribbean, Here the most popular rhythms are Soca, Calypso, Reggae. My next step is to learn the reggae tutorials you have, the one drop, the rockers, etc. maybe you can make a video how to play Soca on the cajon. Soca is very popular in Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago, St. Vincent and all eastern Caribbean islands. Some of the most popular Soca artist are: Kes; Rupee, The Mighty Sparrow, just to mention a few. I invite you to take a look to those artist, I believe the rhythm is close to samba, please let know your thoughts.

Abrazo Felipe

Vinnie

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now