CajonMaster Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Members Home Forums New Members Introductions Hello from Long Island, NY

• Hello from Long Island, NY

Posted by lisadonatelli100 on April 23, 2024 at 3:27 am

Hi, I’m Lisa, and I am from the NYC suburbs on Long Island, where there is an active and accomplished community of older musicians well versed in classic rock and performing in specialty cover bands. I am in a classic rock/blues cover band featuring 3 vocalists, but after seeing a cajon used in an acoustic performance, I am learning it now to add rhythm to a new acoustic trio I’m singing in. One day last November I saw a nice beginner’s Pearl cajon on sale at Guitar Center and it followed me home… So far, even as a beginner, I see that it will add a foundation to our sound. I’m learning a lot, quickly, by taking your courses- and realizing that it is not so easy to play well, although I see improvement each practice. I have had 15 years of classical piano, play harmonica and folk guitar, but the latter not performance level. I think it will take quite awhile to be able to do anything complicated and sing at the same time- but I see people doing it so it is possible. Thank you for these bite-size, convenient lessons, which are helping me form new neurons and bring more rhythm to my world.

Anthony replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Anthony

April 28, 2024 at 8:43 am

Sounds great Lisa. Hope you enjoy the cajon as much as I do because it’s an amazing sound and instrument to learn. Yeah it is hard to play correct, a lot of people just think, oh you’re only sitting on a wooden box. But they don’t understand the difficulty behind what you’re trying to play. Enjoy your practice with it and good luck 🥁