CajonMaster Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Members Home Forums New Members Introductions READ FIRST! New Users Introduce Yourself

• Wolfgang

January 16, 2022 at 11:24 am

Hello from Germany,

My name ist Wolfgang and I’m 54 years old. I’ve been playing cajon for 1 1/2 years now. I currently own 2 cajons – a Sela varios and a Pur STAINED OQ and at the moment I take lessons by a local cajon teacher every week.

I don’t have a specific goal other than improving my Cajon playing. I am therefore looking forward to additional tips and suggestions.I am therefore looking forward to additional tips and suggestions.

• Felipe

Administrator
      January 18, 2022 at 11:09 pm

Hi Wolfgang,

Welcome to the members area! Glad to have you on board πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing a bit about your experience with the cajon. Let me know if you need any help with the courses, I will be happy to help.

Enjoy the process πŸ˜‰

Talk soon,

Felipe

• Bill

March 11, 2022 at 3:36 pm

Hi my name is Bill, live in Canada and used to drum back when I was a kid! A long long time ago! I recently spent a long weekend up at the cottage and my brother brought along his guitar. He played and we sang til the wee hours of the morning. I was beating up my dinning room table keeping beat. He suggested I get a Cajon! Can’t go far on YouTube researching Cajon’s without discovering Felipe! Bought myself a Meiln subwoofer base and here I go!

• Felipe

Administrator
      March 12, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Welcome Bill!

Thanks for introducing yourself. Great to have you here.

Enjoy the courses and let me know if you need any help along the way.

Talk soon,

Cheers!

• Gina

March 22, 2022 at 3:31 am

Hello, my name is Gina and I come from Singapore. I love drums of all sorts and decided to pick up cajon as it has a small footprint and seems more manageable for a total beginner with no music background vs a full drum set. I’m looking forward to receiving my new Meinl cajon and get started with the lessons in Cajonmaster.com.

• Felipe

Administrator
      March 22, 2022 at 8:16 am

Hi Gina,

I’m glad to have you here. Congrats for your new cajon, you’ll like it! πŸ˜‰

Looking forward to see you progress with the courses.

Enjoy!

• Richard

March 27, 2022 at 12:37 pm

Hi Felipe, I am not a musician but received a set of bongos for Christmas. While searching the internet for instruction, found your videos and have been hooked; ever since.

In my seventies and newly retired, I purchased a Meinel Cajon. You make learning fun and can spend hours practicing and playing.

Finished the Foundation and about ready for the Groove Course.

Hi y’all from Alabama.

• Felipe

Administrator
    March 27, 2022 at 6:01 pm

Hey Richard,

thanks for your message. It’s great to know you are enjoying playing the cajon and just finish the first course, cool!

Keep up the good work and let me know how it goes and if you need anything πŸ˜‰

Talk soon,

Felipe

• Scott

March 29, 2022 at 7:57 am

Hello, my name is Scott and I’m from Canada, eh. I’ve been playing percussion instruments now for about 2 years, keyboards for 11 years, and before that, (jazz) guitar for about 25 years. I just got a Meinl Woodcraft cajon and Meinl bass pedal to go along with a ride cymbal and hi-hats. I’m trying to develop a contemporary jazz, cinematic sound.

• Felipe

Administrator
      March 29, 2022 at 8:18 am

Welcome Scott!

Thanks for introducing yourself here. I’m glad to have you on board!

Enjoy the courses and hit me up if you need anything πŸ˜‰

Talk soon,

F

• Kathleen

April 8, 2022 at 2:29 pm

Hi! I’ve been playing the cajon a few days. LOL! I’m from South Carolina, USA. I play piano, and I sing. My husband, an accomplished guitarist and singer, noticed that I had a natural aptitude when I picked up the slap top cajon that he had sitting in a corner, unused, for about a year. We started playing together at home, practicing the songs he usually plays at open mic nights. Last night, I got up on stage with him at an open mic and accompanied him on the cajon while he played guitar. What a thrill! I’m so excited to be here!

• Felipe

Administrator
      April 10, 2022 at 2:09 pm

Hi Kathleen,

Welcome on board! Glad to have you here.

Enjoy the lessons and hit me up if you need help πŸ˜‰

Cheers!

F

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Felipe.
Page 2 of 2